Frederick Irwin ¿á°®³ÉÈËÍø School is proud to announce that we are an eSmart school!
Since Frederick Irwin first registered with the program, we have introduced many new policies and activities to improve the way our school manages cybersafety, bullying and cyberbullying.
We feel confident our students, staff and the wider school community are now well supported to be smart, safe and responsible users of digital technology.
We encourage everyone in the school community to continue to uphold and promote eSmart behaviours, at school and at home.
What is eSmart?
eSmart is an initiative of The Alannah and Madeline Foundation, a national charity committed to protecting children from violence. Cyberbullying, sexual predation, identity theft and accessing and sending inappropriate images and content are some of the real cyber safety risks facing young people today.
An eSmart school is one where the smart, safe and responsible use of information and communications technology is a cultural norm. Students, teachers and the wider school community are equipped to embrace the best these technologies can offer while being savvy about the pitfalls.
In eSmart schools, relationships are strong and supportive, and learning outcomes are enhanced. Bullying and cyberbullying are therefore less likely to thrive.
For more information please contact the School. You can also visit the website â€“
- Parentâ€™s SOS Guide to Cybersafety â€“ ThinkUKnow: A complete guide to supporting your child online when using the internet, gaming, social media, grooming, sexting and more. Included in the resource is a Family Online Safety Contract for you to print and use with your family â€“
- My First Mobile Agreement â€“ Telstra: Great for use with younger students when getting a mobile phone for the first time â€“
- How to Recognise Online Predators: Information on grooming and other tips for parents from the Western Australian Police â€“
- Sexting Safety Tips for Parents â€“
- Internet Safety Fact Sheet â€“
- iParent â€“ online safety resources for parents.
- iPhone contract â€“ great list of guidelines to help parents implement safe use of mobile phones.
- Monitoring screen use infographic. See below.